Positions Currently Available
Located in Salmon Arm, BC, Valid Manufacturing continues to grow and needs production assemblers to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general assembly of Valid manufactured components and products using a variety of hand tools and light equipment.
- May be required to perform buffing and grinding of steel and aluminum surfaces.
- Will take on more complex duties as capabilities grow
- May be required to work afternoon shift.
Skills and Experience
- Must possess a valid BC driver license.
- Previous manufacturing or assembly work experience a definite asset.
- Must be physically fit and agile and capable of performing the duties assigned.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must adhere to all safety practices and procedures and work in a safe manner at all times.
- Good mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
You enjoy working with your hands in a clean, safe and modern shop environment where you are up for a challenge. Your willingness to learn and an interest in mechanical and electrical assembly will allow you to grow with a team that delivers quality products for a growing customer base throughout North America.
About Your New Team
Valid Manufacturing is a progressive engineering, design and manufacturing company serving a variety of growing markets. We serve multiple industries and have been experiencing constant steady growth that shows no signs of slowing. With over 80,000 SF of manufacturing in 4 facilities we have room and the need to grow our manufacturing teams and will welcome your contributions.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and pension plan that will grow as you grow, in one of the best work environments you will find in the interior.
SR. MECHANICAL DESIGNER / ENGINEER
With approximately 100 employees, Valid is a unique, innovative, and hi-tech manufacturing company located here in Salmon Arm, BC. We serve multiple industries and have been experiencing significant growth in the Recreational and Industrial Vehicle segments of our business. As well we are in the middle of developing an ultra-quiet power generation system suitable to the demanding needs of the movie industry. This project overlaps the development of a clean power portable power system that we see as the next wave in portable clean power supply. These initiatives combined with constant core product growth require us to be adding to our staff. The creative hi tech nature of our products, our commitment to quality and the fact that we take care of our employees, who take care of our customers, is constantly moving us forward.
Positions within our development team require creativity and someone willing to take on a challenge while working with a team who are committed to the success of their efforts and the growth of our company. Reflective of the community we work in, Valid recognizes that work life balance is important and are committed to making sure that this is a company and career you will want to grow with. At Valid, we will keep you interested and rewarded. Our community, and all that the Shuswap/Okanagan region has to offer will keep you interested and rewarded the rest of the time!
Key things we are looking for:
A suitable level of education and experience that reflects the following needs:
- New Product Development Automotive and/or Power Generation
- Concept development
- Work closely with customers from conception to delivery and implementation.
- Scheduling & supervision of projects
- Detail design for manufacturing
- Creating 3D CAD part and assembly models.
- Production and review of fabrication and machining drawings.
- Problem solvers with good interpersonal skills that can take on an assignment and see it through to its successful completion, independently or as part of a larger team.
Why consider Valid:
- Work with a team of skilled individuals who will recognize and appreciate your contributions to our goals.
- A comfortable work environment that allows you to focus and get the job done while ensuring that you maintain a healthy work life balance.
- Encouragement and recognition for your ingenuity and creativity in solving complex technical problems.
- Support for your personal and professional development needs.
- Salmon Arm is a great affordable community centrally located that offers a wide range of activities for all ages.
- Relocation expenses.
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
A little more about us:
An entrepreneurial spirit is what drives us. Our products range from the traditional Electrical Products that the company was built on to the hi-tech vehicle control products that continue to push us on. But our history also includes challenging and interesting project work such as building the Olympic Rings structures used in the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. Solving the Port Mann Bridge ice problem in Vancouver, BC was another challenge that had us develop and manufacture the mechanism used to de-ice the cable stays protecting drivers from the dangerous ice bombs that previously fell under extreme winter conditions. We also build the highest quality Slide Out rooms used by premier luxury coach manufacturers in the US. And finally we are building the next generation of ultra-quiet portable power generators being used by the BC Movie industry with the next round of product development focusing on clean tech power solutions.
Clerical Assistant – Operations & Logistics
Due to our ongoing growth, Valid Manufacturing has an opening for a technically competent and results oriented individual to assist with clerical duties in operations and logistics. However, as part of our production support requirement, this successful applicant must have a willingness to participate in inventory control duties as required. Practical experience is preferred, but we will provide training to the right candidate.
Key things we are looking for:
Ability and interest in performing:
- Data entry and processing relating to work orders and material issuing.
- Provide assistance and support to our logistics and shipping coordinator.
- Prepare product manuals and related documents.
- Telephone reception in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- With a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
- In a professional and confidential manner at all times.
- Multiple responsibilities, tasks, and projects.
Why consider Valid for this position:
- Work with a skilled operations and logistics team that will support you as you come up to speed appreciating your efforts to learn and grow.
- A comfortable work environment that allows you to get the job done while ensuring that you maintain a healthy work life balance.
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
How to Apply:
Finding the right employer is important. We don’t take this process lightly and neither should you. As noted, we are looking for a skilled individual to join our team. It is important that we get to know you so we ask that you provide a covering letter giving us an introduction to who you are and why you are interested in working with us here at Valid. As well, take a paragraph or two to highlight your particular skill set that will help you be successful in this position.
Your resume should provide the usual details of your work experience, skills and educational background. If you are serious, take a moment and update it to show those particularly relevant skills that you are confident will win us over.
How to Apply
Please mail, fax or email your resume and covering letter to Valid Manufacturing Ltd, attention: Human Resources.
When emailing your resume and covering letter, please avoid using the RTF file type as we do not accept them.
Valid Manufacturing Ltd.
5320-B 48th Ave. S.E.
Salmon Arm, B.C. V1E 1X2
Fax (250) 832-7746
Please note: We wish to thank you in advance for your interest in Valid Manufacturing Ltd., however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Salmon Arm believes a strong community is worth working for, and we pride ourselves in the fact that Salmon Arm provides residents, investors and visitors alike with a growing and unique business and community environment. With a population of over 16,000, Salmon Arm is situated at the most southern point of the Shuswap Lake. Located in the heart of beautiful British Columbia, on the Trans Canada Highway, Salmon Arm is approximately halfway between Calgary and Vancouver.
Our mild four-season climate, outstanding natural beauty, clean waterways, abundant green space and pristine provincial parks have established the Shuswap as a world famous recreation area. Salmon Arm offers amenities that are normally associated with much larger population centres; the Twin-Sheet ice arena, community centre, extensive outdoor sports facilities, theatres, activity centres and outstanding educational and health facilities that all contribute to the exceptional quality of life enjoyed here.
Newcomers and expanding businesses are impressed with Salmon Arm’s growing sophistication, competitiveness and comprehensive infrastructure. Whether you are considering relocation, travel, business start-up or expansion ~ the City of Salmon Arm has it all!