Positions Currently Available
Located in Salmon Arm, BC, Valid Manufacturing is looking for a full time Purchasing Agent to join our materials and supply team.
With now over 115 employees, Valid is a unique, innovative, and hi-tech manufacturing company located in the heart of the Shuswap at the north end of the Okanagan Valley. We serve multiple industries and have been experiencing continued significant growth particularly in our RV and Electrical product divisions. The creative hi tech nature of our products, our commitment to quality and the fact that we take care of our employees who take care of our customers is constantly moving us forward.
The Purchasing Agent uses their skills to purchase goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies while building and maintaining important relationships with all our suppliers. Reflective of the community we work in, Valid recognizes that work life balance is important and we are committed to making sure that this is a company and career you will want to grow with. At Valid, we will keep you interested and rewarded while at work. Our community, and all that the Shuswap/Okanagan region has to offer will keep you interested and rewarded the rest of the time!
Key things we are looking for
Applicants should have five or more years of experience and/or related education that reflects the following needs
- Negotiate and purchase materials and components for projects and stock.
- Requires the ability to understand material requirements to source most suitable and cost effective solutions.
- Establishes and maintains contact with vendors working to obtain best and most cost-effective goods and services for Valid.
- Arranges delivery schedules and monitors and expedites as required to meet changing demands of manufacturing.
- Contributes to the ongoing development of our purchasing program as part of the team.
- Should have, or be able to quickly establish product knowledge on a wide range of electric, electronic and mechanical products and services.
As a member of our purchasing team, you also demonstrate the following:
- Self-motivated, highly organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Capable of handling multiple demands at any time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in a team environment.
- Computer literate, must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and have experience with computerized inventory control and purchasing systems.
Why consider Valid:
- Work with a team of skilled individuals who will recognize you for your knowledge, skill, enthusiasm, and passion for your role in our organization.
- Work in comfortable environment that allows you to get the job done while ensuring that you maintain a healthy work life balance.
- Support for your personal and professional development needs.
- Salmon Arm is a great affordable community centrally located that offers a wide range of activities for all ages.
Competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
How to Apply:
For us, finding the right employee is important. So we don’t take this process lightly and neither should you.
We are looking for a skilled individual to join our team and it is important that we get to know you. Therefore, please provide us with a covering letter giving us an introduction to who you are and why you are interested in working with us here at Valid.
Your resume should provide the usual details of your work experience, skills and educational background. If you are serious, take a moment and update it to show those particularly relevant skills that you are confident will win us over.
Please take some time to learn more about us at www.validmanufacturing.com. When you have written your letter and reviewed your resume, please e-mail them to email@example.com by March 29, 2019. Applications should be addressed to the Operations Manager.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those that have our interest will be contacted.
Our Community & AreaClick here to learn about our community and area...
How to Apply
Finding the right employer is important. We don’t take this process lightly and neither should you.
We are always looking for skilled individuals to join our team at all levels of our organization. It is important that we get to know you so we like to see a covering letter giving us an introduction to who you are, where you are at currently, and why you are interested in working with us here in Salmon Arm. As well, take a paragraph or two to show us that you have the technical skill and proficiency in your area of expertise and how that might apply in our organization.
Of course, your resume should provide the usual details of your work experience, skills and educational background. If you are truly serious, take a moment and update it to show those particularly relevant skills that you are confident will win us over.
When emailing your resume and covering letter, please avoid using the RTF file type as we do not accept them.
When you are satisfied that you will get our attention, email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Human Resources.
Valid Manufacturing Ltd.
5320-B 48th Ave. S.E.
Salmon Arm, B.C. V1E 1X2
Fax (250) 832-7746
We thank you in advance for your interest in Valid Manufacturing Ltd., however, only those that get our interest will be contacted.