Positions Currently Available
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Located in Salmon Arm, BC, Valid Manufacturing Ltd is looking for a full-time Mechanical Engineering Manager to join our Mechanical Engineering team.
Valid is a unique, innovative high-tech manufacturing company. We engineer and build products for multiple sectors, including transportation, electrical infrastructure, agriculture, forestry and film. Our notable products include: electronic vehicle controls, digital instrument clusters and leveling systems; diesel and battery powered generators; and centrifuges.
The Mechanical Engineering Manager plays a key role in the overall success of the organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions.
- Leads the engineering team members and promotes professional development and high engagement through recognition and establishment of individual and team objectives.
- Monitors multiple engineering projects; establishes and implements short term and long-term goal, objectives and sets priorities and re-arranges work and projects.
- Works with sales to gain a thorough understanding of their requirements, prepares and presents solutions.
- Oversees the research and development of new products and procedures. Works closely with sales, purchasing, quality assurance and manufacturing. Able to oversee and coordinate projects from concept to production.
- Checks and approves the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff.
- Selects new employees, ensures adequate orientation and training.
- Completes employee performance reviews and develops personal growths opportunities.
- Prepares and oversees budgets, approves expenditures.
- Oversees policy, procedure and safety guideline adherence.
- Communicates and collaborates with other department managers to coordinate work.
The key things we will be looking for
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of engineering experience, ideally in a management role.
- Experienced with leading, managing and developing a team.
- Experienced with project management being able to keep projects, processes, and the engineering team on track.
- Solid knowledge of MRP system.
- Team oriented approachable problem solver.
- Possesses high degree of initiative and works well under pressure.
- Analytical mind with strong technology and solution analysis skills.
Why work for Valid?
- At Valid we recognize that our employees are key to our success and that innovation is fostered by the environment that we create for our team.
- We thrive to make people feel valued and inspired to innovate, and have fun doing it!
- Work-life balance is nurtured as a source of amazing results and a positive way of life. At Valid you have enough flexibility to deal with your family life while letting your skills shine at work.
- As we have grown from a small company to our current 130+ employees, we have maintained the small company culture and values we have always had. At Valid, we look after our employees.
- And we offer competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
Why live in Salmon Arm?
- Our city is ranked as number seven of the province’s best cities to work in 2020 (BC Business https://www.bcbusiness.ca/The-Best-Cities-for-Work-in-BC-2020).
- We have affordable housing and short commutes. All your daily life needs are close by!
- Our excellent selection of recreation activities year-round is sure to please your desire of an active life style.
- Salmon Arm is rich in culture and arts (check out annual Roots and Blues festival which has grown into the largest and most musically diverse festival in BC interior https://www.rootsandblues.ca )
- Salmon Arm offers easy access to bigger cities. Our city lies on the Trans-Canada Highway halfway between Vancouver and Calgary. We are 1.5 hours’ drive away from the Kelowna International Airport.
- We live a low stress lifestyle and great quality of life here in Salmon Arm, and look forward to sharing all this with you!
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 21, 2020, attention: Mechanical Engineering Manager.
For more on our company, please visit our website at https://www.validmanufacturing.com.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those that have our interest will be contacted.
Our Community & AreaClick here to learn about our community and area...
How to Apply
Finding the right employer is important. We don’t take this process lightly and neither should you.
We are always looking for skilled individuals to join our team at all levels of our organization. It is important that we get to know you so we like to see a covering letter giving us an introduction to who you are, where you are at currently, and why you are interested in working with us here in Salmon Arm. As well, take a paragraph or two to show us that you have the technical skill and proficiency in your area of expertise and how that might apply in our organization.
Of course, your resume should provide the usual details of your work experience, skills and educational background. If you are truly serious, take a moment and update it to show those particularly relevant skills that you are confident will win us over.
When emailing your resume and covering letter, please avoid using the RTF file type as we do not accept them.
When you are satisfied that you will get our attention, email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Human Resources.
Valid Manufacturing Ltd.
5320-B 48th Ave. S.E.
Salmon Arm, B.C. V1E 1X2
Fax (250) 832-7746
We thank you in advance for your interest in Valid Manufacturing Ltd., however, only those that get our interest will be contacted.